Project Director: Mark Sinclair
Contact: Mark Sinclair, MSinclair@cleanegroup.org
The goal of the METAP project is to accelerate the commercialization of marine hydrokinetic (wave, tidal and current) technologies in the U.S. through creation of a strategic partnership between states, DOE, NREL, and the industry. The value proposition for interested states is to leverage federal funding and nation-wide technology expertise to achieve faster progress in marine energy commercialization.
CESA is coordinating the project in partnership with National Association of State Energy Officials (NASEO), and Association of State Energy Research Technology Transfer Institutions (ASERTTI). The initiative is funded by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and implemented in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Wind and Water Power Program.
CESA, NASEO, and ASERTTI are working to implement a technology advancement partnership with DOE to design and facilitate a new process to expedite clean energy technology research, development, and commercialization. The candidate technology area selected to prove the concept is marine energy technology. The objective of the initiative is to design and demonstrate a new strategic partnership among states and EERE technology programs to expedite the deployment of new clean energy technologies.
Key Project Resources
- Project Overview - July 2010
- METAP Survey - August 2010
- Contracting Options and Recommendations: Joint Federal/State Planning and Funding to Marine Energy Projects - Interim Report, August 2010
- International Report - February 2010
- January 12, 2012 - National Laboratory Activities to Support Marine Energy Technology Progress
- October 12, 2011 - Carbon Trust's "Accelerating Marine Energy" Report
- September 16, 2011 - METAP Webinar: State-level Marine Energy Support
- September 9, 2010 - Hydrokinetic Testing Needs and Existing U.S. Capabilities
- August 19, 2010 - Ecological Effects of Marine Hydrokinetic Technology Projects
- July 15, 2010 - Marine Energy Regulatory Framework: Challenges & Solutions
- June 16, 2010 - Marine Technology Industry Status Briefing
- May 13, 2010 - Marine Energy Technology Overview